Learn A Skill That Lasts A Lifetime!
Our first project of Fall 2017 will be NAME BUNTING
2017 Fall Projects for Girls ongoing classes
These are our first projects. Others will be added. Each project may take one or several classes.
1. Fabric for outside of purse 5/8 yard of PRINTED DUCK Fabric or Denim type fabric
This is a TYPE of fabric. Hobby Lobby has LOTS of pretty prints in this type fabric.
It will hold up better and will keep it’s shape better for this type of purse.
(If you get thick denim – pick up some denim or heavy duty sewing machine needles)
2. ½ yard for lining – this can be solid or it can be a crazy fun print to be inside – please get cotton - nonstretch fabric.
Also, get something a little thicker than broadcloth – broadcloth is REALLY thin cotton solid color.
3. ¼ wide elastic – you can get a package for about $1
4. Matching thread.
5. WEBBING to match for strap. This is like a belt.
6. I did not put Velcro on this purse- it did not call for it – however if you would like Velcro you can bring some nonstick sewable Velcro.
7. Decorative Button – if desired. I put a large one on the front.
It would be better without a shank on the back – a button with holes preferred.
8. *This is not required – but If you would like a STIFFER bag you can get 1 yard of fusible fleece or a thick interfacing.
You can see how to make a purse like this here.....
and thread to match the bias tape.